Tuesday, February 13, 2007

He's Really There!

Elder W. (Clancy) arrived in Asuncion, Paraguay on Jan. 31, 2007.
He was met by the Mission President and his wife, Pres. & Sister Bradley.
When they left the Asuncion Airport, they were taken out to eat. They ate at a Chinese Buffet :-) Then they stayed at the mission home and got a good night's sleep before they were sent to their area.
Asuncion is the capital city and it is divided into smaller towns because it is so big. Clancy says that it is like New York City as far as being divided into towns. He is in Ytororo, which is near a "town" called Nemby. Clancy and his companion walk about 10 miles per day and they have 5 baptisms lined up with about 8 or so more prospective in the next few weeks.
Clancy gets to e-mail his parents once a week. Here are a couple of excerpts from his first message: "The food here isn't bad. It's all the same, pasta, a few chunks of meat and bread, although me and my companion are pretty sure we've eaten cat food. I'm doing good. I've got a decent tan, and blisters. We walk about 10 miles/day. On my first day in our area, we went to central Asuncion and ate at Burger King (it's like a 5 star restaurant out here). The people here are generally really nice and most of them are Catholic. Tell everybody "hi" and if anybody wants to e-mail me, tell them to send it to you or Dad and you can copy/paste it into your letter. Otherwise I'll get in trouble. Love, Elder W."
To send Clancy an e-mail, send it to nbwspud@cox.net

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

good site. I would be interested in reading clancy's letters. I hope you post more of that kind of stuff.

Nat

Thursday, February 15, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good site. I would be interested in reading clancy's letters. I hope you post more of that kind of information.

Nat

Thursday, February 15, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home