Letters: Feb. 19 & 26, 2007
FEBRUARY 19, 2007
Hi,
Things aren't too bad here. My companion is from somewhere in Utah and his name is Elder Errdman. The people here are nice and they feed us. We live in a small apartment above a store. The rent is only about the equivalent of 65 American dollars a month. I have a bed, dresser, bathroom, kitchen, a living room, and a small patio, it's not bad. I learned how to make empenadas the other day. The people here are great. We have about 15-25 investigators at any given point in time. I had my first baptism this past Saturday (Feb. 17) It was cool. We have 3 baptisms lined up for this Saturday and hopefully 4 for the following Saturday. On Tuesday we had a zone conference and they showed all the final stats for our mission. The mission ended the the year of 2006 with 1,780 baptisms in one year. I am in one of the higher baptizing areas. The youth here are absolutely awesome. The youth always go with us to teach. The older people almost never go with us. The really old grandpas don't like the Americans, but the youth here think Americans are awesome. They think we are all rich... course most people live in brick/mud houses with tin or red brick tile roofs. Anyway, the work out here is fun, but there are so many people to teach that it makes for long days.
FEBRUARY 25, 2007
Things are going good here. On Tuesday we had special changes and the two elders who were in our area and lived next door, were changed to other areas. My companion and I inherited their area, so now we have a monstrously huge area. On Saturday (Feb. 24) we had 5 baptisms. I baptized two of the five. The first person I baptized was a little 8 year old girl named Magali. I also baptized a 12 year old girl named Median. It was cool.
My Spanish is coming along fine. I'm learning it pretty quick. I'm told that pouch mail is the easiest way to send stuff -- just don't send cash.
Well till next week.
Elder Clancy
"Pouch" mail is a mail delivery service
to get letters to missionaries from their
friends and family. "Pouch" mail is usually more reliable
and quicker.
The address is:
Elder Clancy D. Waldron
Paraguay Asuncion Mission
POB 30150
Salt Lake City, UT 84130-0150
USA
Paraguay Asuncion Mission
POB 30150
Salt Lake City, UT 84130-0150
USA

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home