Letters 4/2 & 4/9
Paraguay is good. We had 3 baptisms on Friday. I baptized one of them. We should have 1 more this Wednesday. I had my interview with Pres. Bradley this week and it was good. I’m still with Elder Erdmann. I like the barrio I´m in, Ytororo. I’ve been here for 2 months already and I’m already 1/6 of the way done with my mission, time flies down here. Hope you guys enjoyed conference. I only got to watch the Sat morning session and the two Sunday sessions. We had 6 investigators at conference which was pretty solid. David is coming to Paraguay huh, that’s pretty cool (We have known David's family for almost 12 years and he just got his mission call to the same mission as Clancy). It’s an awesome mission. Just make sure to tell him there is a mosquito problem in Paraguay right now and to bring some OFF repellent. Lots of people right now are dying of Denge, a disease that some mosquitoes carry (comforting to know). Well thanks for the letter, have a good week.
4-9-07
Hi! Things are going good here. This last week it was the Semana Santa. It’s a catholic thing they celebrate the week leading to Christ’s death. But they hardly mention the resurrection. Its pretty sad because His death was necessary only so we could be resurrected. Without the resurrection we can't live with God. That one miracle itself makes it possible for us to overcome the physical death that we will face one day, and the spiritual death, which means to not be in God's presence… it’s kind of sad but more of a reason to be happy than anything else. Anyway this week we had a baptism. My companion performed the baptism. We now have 10 converts, 3 of which I have personally baptized. We created a Risk board and use colored pieces of pasta for the pieces, it turned out pretty good. We have been playing for the past 3 weeks, Mondays only - about 9hours of play so far (I am glad that you found somebody who will play that game with you -- as long as it's not me ~Mom ;-). I’ve had to do my laundry by hand. It’s a pain and a lot of scrubbin’. We are changing laundry ladies this week (Must be nice to have a "laundry lady"). It also rained almost everyday this week which stinks because its too hot to wear a raincoat, I bought an umbrella earlier this week and I used it every day. Well, that's about all for now.
Labels: Easter


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home