Mother's Day 2007
Hi -- I fell a little behind on blogging. I think in the last blog I told you that I'd write how Clancy sounded over the phone. Mother's Day presented a little bit of stress about county codes and confusion on time zones. We were supposed to call Clancy at 12:45 his time, but there was a misunderstanding about what his time was compared to ours (they are on the same time zone). Well, we weren't able to contact him and needless to say, I (his Mom) had a little meltdown.
After church there was a message on our answering machine from the mission secretary telling us that Clancy would be waiting for our call at 8:00pm. We called and talked to him for a bit. He sounded good. He was on a bus headed for the zone leaders apartment 1 1/2 hours away. They ride the bus there every Sunday evening so they can meet with the other missionaries to play sports on Monday, use the computer, etc. Clancy is learning about life in a rural area.
The above picture made me think of Clancy. They walk (or ride, now they have bikes) at least 10 miles a day and he has already worn through one pair of shoes.
This picture was taken 11/28/06. The kids thought I was crazy taking a picture at the airport A&W. I figured that this was kind of like Clancy's last meal of "all American food". I wonder if he appreciates this yet? He may not, he's pretty content eating his soup and bread ;-)
I am sure Clancy misses being surrounded by creative, artistic people such as his brother, Levi, displaying some of his finest work using the medium of ketchup on a potato round (what a fine example of "all American food").WE MISS YOU CLANCY!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home