Runner / Missionary
Hi, 1-21-08
This past week was crazy. Monday I got the package form Deseret Book (the package that was sent in late November), then I went to Mercado 4 to buy new shoes and some clothes. Then we came home. At 7PM we had an appointment to go to a family home evening, we started walking and we saw an opportunity to teach. There were three guys sitting on the lawn under a tree. After introducing ourselves they invited us to share with them. We sat down, and while were getting to know them, one of them asked to see my Bible, which I had sitting on my lap. Well I gave it to him and he found 200,000 guaranies(40 dollars) in one of the pages of my Bible(I had completely forgotten that I hid my money there when I went to Mercado 4. Well he went nuts, he took the money and put in his pocket, I noticed, and said "Este es mi plata...dame mi plata!!" (that´s my money, hey give me my money!" Well he didn´t take that very well and took out a knife and gave my Bible back and started to chase me with the knife because at this point I was standing...while all this was going on the other two guys jumped on my companion and starting looking for anything of value, they stole his watch. Well when I got to the road, the guy with the knife knew he couldn´t catch me and turned around to block the exit. My companion was there and the guy starting swinging the knife at my companion and ran at him. The other guys that robbed my companion jumped on the guy with the knife cause he had gone completely nuts and my companion and I took off running. It was a interesting experience and I learned lots, and just so you know, we are fine;P
This past week was crazy. Monday I got the package form Deseret Book (the package that was sent in late November), then I went to Mercado 4 to buy new shoes and some clothes. Then we came home. At 7PM we had an appointment to go to a family home evening, we started walking and we saw an opportunity to teach. There were three guys sitting on the lawn under a tree. After introducing ourselves they invited us to share with them. We sat down, and while were getting to know them, one of them asked to see my Bible, which I had sitting on my lap. Well I gave it to him and he found 200,000 guaranies(40 dollars) in one of the pages of my Bible(I had completely forgotten that I hid my money there when I went to Mercado 4. Well he went nuts, he took the money and put in his pocket, I noticed, and said "Este es mi plata...dame mi plata!!" (that´s my money, hey give me my money!" Well he didn´t take that very well and took out a knife and gave my Bible back and started to chase me with the knife because at this point I was standing...while all this was going on the other two guys jumped on my companion and starting looking for anything of value, they stole his watch. Well when I got to the road, the guy with the knife knew he couldn´t catch me and turned around to block the exit. My companion was there and the guy starting swinging the knife at my companion and ran at him. The other guys that robbed my companion jumped on the guy with the knife cause he had gone completely nuts and my companion and I took off running. It was a interesting experience and I learned lots, and just so you know, we are fine;P
I guess all that running in high school did prepare you for your mission Clancy.

3 Comments:
Clancy, did you set up a return appointment? I hope you at least count it as a discussion and three investigators added when you do your weekly report. I would have. - Nat
actually we did count it as a discussion but we can´t count em as new seeing as how we did get the return appointment... and just so you all know, two of these guys are now in jail, not because they robbed us, but the neighbors who were playing cards with about 2000dollars in cash on the table...the funny thing is that the cops didnt take the money and give it back, instead the third guy that stole the money paid the cops to get outa jail. and is actually a wanted criminal
elder waldron
Yeah, I remember when I got the crap beat out of me and a beer bottle broke over my head and spent three days in the hospital with a concussion. I counted all of it as TPT. We had like 68 hours that week. It was a good week - I didn't feel guilty one bit. - Nat
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home