Saturday, November 8, 2008

November 2008

11/3/08
Hey Family,
How are things. I’m doing okay. Last week I said was a horrible week, but now that I think about it, it couldn’t compare to this week...
On Monday we were assaulted and robbed in our area, one block from the church. We were on our way home on a fairly used road. Two guys approached us, one with a gun the other with a knife and told us to give them EVERYTHING, so we did, but when they got my wallet I told them to at least give me my identification and they threw all my credit cards and id´s on the dirt... but they robbed my bible and my triple in Spanish both of which had the nice leather covers. They also got fifty bucks which I was going to use today to buy some new souvenirs.. pretty bad start for the week. So I basically didn’t eat this past week and probably lost about 10 pounds. But the good news is that we had an investigator that went to church in the rain and has a baptismal date for the 29th of November, which is cool cause I’ll be baptizing my last week in the mission followed by a temple visit the following week. Maybe since we live pretty close we can go through a few times when I get back. Well that was my week. Just about everyone here in Paraguay is scared of Obama because even the stupid Paraguayans know that he nuts if he says he wants to talk with Chavez...

Dad- tell aunt Lucy I said hi and that she should talk to Kent about the church. I’m kinda interested to know if anyone has ever invited him to be baptized, and not that it will cure him but stuff happens (read the stories in that booklet that grandma made us) when people come out of the water with a new dedication to serve Christ.
I did find my 4gb USB with all my backup fotos, but I don’t have a chip for my camera ... I’ll probably get one today.

Could you tell Levi to write me, I’m still curious on what he is doing. Oh, one more thing could you send me my itinerary... I don’t have it yet.
Lysa- hope ya´ll had a good Halloween. in Paraguay they have the day of the dead on the first day of November, but nothing ever happens, most of the time punks go grave robbing and things like that...
K´s- How’s school? Are you going to play sports this year or not? If not why? I’m pretty good at soccer now and i´d bet 20dollars that i could beat you in a shootout. What’s new as far as video games, did you guys buy the new super smash brothers game for Wii, I imagine that is the hottest game right now for Wii.
Well stay outa trouble fam, and I’ll try.
Love Clancy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home