October 2008
10/27/08
Hey Mom,
Sounds like your busy with your calling... that is a good thing. This past week hasn’t been very fun at all. I got a change and I’m back in Ciudad Del Este. It is the least baptizing area in the mission this year, with the exception of Barcequillo, which I have already been to. My companion is from Cuzco Peru. He’s new in the mission and I’m his second companion which basically means I have to teach him everything that his trainer didn’t, which apparently seems to be a lot. This past week he almost got us killed by offending an investigator... a good story to tell you later. But besides that, the worst news is that in the move I lost my camera chip and the pen drive that had all my fotos on it. I can’t find it anywhere. My day today is dedicated to locating them even if I have to travel three hours to Ca`Aguazu to do it. I’m not very happy at the moment, but
there is good news.. I’m going to be home in 39 days and a wake up! My plans, if its okay with you, is to be stress and work free for a week... mostly spent sleeping, reading books, and maybe trying to figure out how the Wii is supposed to work.
Well once again I’m in the 3rd largest market in the world. Tell me what you want for a souvenir, I’m pretty sure I can find it. Oh, and just so you know the dollar is going up so it would be a great time to take money out of the bank if you send me money :P
Love, Clancy
PS-did you get the picture of the spider... not that it was a cool picture or anything...
Hey Mom,
Sounds like your busy with your calling... that is a good thing. This past week hasn’t been very fun at all. I got a change and I’m back in Ciudad Del Este. It is the least baptizing area in the mission this year, with the exception of Barcequillo, which I have already been to. My companion is from Cuzco Peru. He’s new in the mission and I’m his second companion which basically means I have to teach him everything that his trainer didn’t, which apparently seems to be a lot. This past week he almost got us killed by offending an investigator... a good story to tell you later. But besides that, the worst news is that in the move I lost my camera chip and the pen drive that had all my fotos on it. I can’t find it anywhere. My day today is dedicated to locating them even if I have to travel three hours to Ca`Aguazu to do it. I’m not very happy at the moment, but
there is good news.. I’m going to be home in 39 days and a wake up! My plans, if its okay with you, is to be stress and work free for a week... mostly spent sleeping, reading books, and maybe trying to figure out how the Wii is supposed to work.
Well once again I’m in the 3rd largest market in the world. Tell me what you want for a souvenir, I’m pretty sure I can find it. Oh, and just so you know the dollar is going up so it would be a great time to take money out of the bank if you send me money :P
Love, Clancy
PS-did you get the picture of the spider... not that it was a cool picture or anything...
10/13/08
Hi,
How’s life? I’m doing all right. This past week was pretty boring. My companion was sick for 3 days and we didn’t leave to proselyte at all. Pretty much ruined the week. Besides that, not much is new and I’m starting to realize that I’ll be home in 7 and a half weeks.. pretty crazy. Well stay outa trouble and have fun.
Love, Clancy
10/6/08
What a great conference! I hope you had the chance to go to all the sessions. I loved the talks given and probably the best talk was the one about virtue given by the lady, Dalton I think... and the talks by Kristofferson, Holland and Eyring impressed me. Did you hear the foreign guys speak - Gavarret and the 2 Brazilians? They spoke pretty decent English for South Americans.
Well, I’m doing good. Not much happened this week. We had 4 investigators go to church, hopefully one of them gets baptized this coming month. I have a new goal.. I’m going to finish the bible in Spanish for the 3rd time and read the Book of Mormon again in English before I finish the mission in 8 weeks. Hopefully your scripture study is going well.
Well, stay outa trouble and tell the family I said hi.
Love, Clancy
Hi,
How’s life? I’m doing all right. This past week was pretty boring. My companion was sick for 3 days and we didn’t leave to proselyte at all. Pretty much ruined the week. Besides that, not much is new and I’m starting to realize that I’ll be home in 7 and a half weeks.. pretty crazy. Well stay outa trouble and have fun.
Love, Clancy
10/6/08
What a great conference! I hope you had the chance to go to all the sessions. I loved the talks given and probably the best talk was the one about virtue given by the lady, Dalton I think... and the talks by Kristofferson, Holland and Eyring impressed me. Did you hear the foreign guys speak - Gavarret and the 2 Brazilians? They spoke pretty decent English for South Americans.
Well, I’m doing good. Not much happened this week. We had 4 investigators go to church, hopefully one of them gets baptized this coming month. I have a new goal.. I’m going to finish the bible in Spanish for the 3rd time and read the Book of Mormon again in English before I finish the mission in 8 weeks. Hopefully your scripture study is going well.
Well, stay outa trouble and tell the family I said hi.
Love, Clancy

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home